8 Questions to Ask Yourself When Decluttering
http://azithromycin-otc.com/ where can i get azithromycin over the counter If you’ve ever embarked on a decluttering journey, then you know it’s a lot harder than it sounds. Logically you know that you’re better off having less stuff in the house, but it’s still a struggle to part with your belongings. If you’re ready to let go of excess and make more room in your home, here are 8 important questions to ask yourself when deciding what should stay and what should go.
1. Have I used this item in the past year?
Try to remember the last time you used this item. If you can’t, get rid of it.
2. Will I use this item within the next year?
If you can pinpoint an exact date or event when you will use this item, keep it. If nothing comes to mind, toss it.
3. Does this item benefit my life on a regular basis?
If you haven’t needed this item lately, then it’s not something that is all that necessary to you.
4. Does this item give me a profound feeling of joy?
Do you feel beautiful, inspired, happy, etc., when this item is in your presence? If so, then it’s worth keeping around.
5. If the item needs to be fixed, is it worth investing time and money to fix it?
Consider the costs of fixing this item versus getting it replaced altogether and ask yourself if you’ll actually get around to repairing it in the next two weeks.
6. Do I already own something like this that serves the same purpose?
No one needs 50 pens or three copies of the same book. Get rid of duplicate items that are only taking up space.
7. If I had to move across the country, would I keep this?
Few things will convince you to throw out something than the idea of having to pack it and move.
8. If I were shopping, would I buy this?
Ask yourself whether you would buy this item if it were brand new in a store. If you wouldn’t, then why would you keep it?